Getting whiter teeth is a fun process but can take a while to see results. There are so many options to choose from and all teeth whitening processes are different and come with their own pros and cons. The length of time varies depending on the state of your teeth before the whitening processes, the type of treatment chosen, and what has discolored the teeth before treatment. One method can take as little as 60 minutes and others can take up to a few weeks. Let’s take a deeper dive.
Common Ways To Whiten Your Teeth
- Receiving a professional whitening treatment is the fastest, safest, and most effective way to whiten your teeth. The procedure can take anywhere from 60-90 minutes and patients leave with 2-3 shades lighter teeth.
- The most popular teeth whitening method right now is a UV light paired with gel. The gel is normally peroxide-based and is used alongside the UV light. The light activates the peroxide and expedites the whitening process. If used every day, you can see results within 10-14 days.
- Another method that is popular and often drawn to is whitening strips. But these aren’t great for sensitive teeth. They also require a commitment to wearing them for 1-2 hours every day for 2-3 weeks.
- You can go to any drugstore now and find a whitening toothpaste. The toothpaste contains enzymes that eliminate stains with a toothbrush. If this is done twice a day, results can range anywhere from two to six weeks.
- Whitening rinses are known to take the longest when it comes to seeing results. Try using a rinse for a few minutes each day for the best results.
Whitening Options at Advantage Dental Group
Advantage Dental Group offers in-office and take-home whitening options. The in-office option is just one visit for up to 60-90 minutes, and the take-home option is to be used every day for 45 minutes for 2-5 weeks.
We also offer a Bright Rewards program that is available for a one-time enrollment fee of $99. Patients will be fitted for a bleaching tray, and receive two tubes of whitening gel. Patients take home the trays and wear them every day. If you continue to come in for your regular six-month cleanings, we will give you more whitening gel to take home. For more information about our Bright Rewards Program and our in-office treatments, check out our whitening page.
Brighten Your Smile
If you’re thinking about achieving a brighter smile, consider doing it professionally! Advantage Dental Group is currently accepting new patients, and we can help decide what whitening option is the best for you. Schedule your appointment online today.